Update (10/20/21): Focusing on other life priorities at the moment! Miss it here dearly. Contact me if you need anything! :) Thank you!

4.16.2015

Poem: "Born From Ashes"

Phoenix by adrig on DeviantArt

Born From Ashes
By: Eve Estelle

Around me the world falls,
The walls are crashing down;
All light has been extinguished,
And in darkness shall I drown.
Destroyed, consumed, and fallen,
An era reduced to cinders.

Everything ends..
Everything dies..
But even from death,
Can life arise;
Born from ashes,
A blazing heart;
No longer do I live
In the lifeless dark.

From ruin we rise,
In blazing fire;
No more shall the future
Appear so dire.
In vitality's name,
Burn hot shall this flame,
Defeat me no more;
Win not this game.

11 comments:

  1. Very beautiful poem! You manage to express that feeling of reborn from the ashes quiet effictively! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, aeriko! :) It's a theme that is very overused, but I just couldn't help it. It's overused for a good reason lol.

      Thanks for dropping by and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Wow! The picture and the poem really goes together. And nice poetry btw! I love the ending the most :D If anyone has a picture to caption it but they are out of ideas they should definietely come to you. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So glad you found it enjoyable—this was quite a fun one to write. And most definitely! I would absolutely love to caption anyone's image. ^^ It's always interesting to try and find something that fits a photo.

      Delete
  3. I love it. The picture suits it perfectly.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Corinne! :) Appreciate you dropping by.

      Delete
  4. beautiful lines...love it and find it inspiring,put some new life into me...love your work Eve.God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, and I appreciate every single of them. Let me know what's on your mind, and don't hesitate if you have any questions or suggestions. I'll do my best to get back to you!

Make sure to tick the little "Notify me" box if you would like to be notified when there are any replies or further comments.

*Blogger is currently having issues with email notifications related to comments. Please excuse any response delays, and check back frequently!