Update (10/20/21): Focusing on other life priorities at the moment! Miss it here dearly. Contact me if you need anything! :) Thank you!

1.11.2016

Blogger Buddies Tag With Erika Gold

Tagged by Zelus

Good evening (or morning, noon, or night, wherever you may be)!

A while back I was tagged for the Blogger Buddies Tag by Zelus over at My Hopeful Pencil. I must apologize to her for taking so long to get to this - I had taken a lengthy break right after she tagged me, and then the holidays came around. But, finally, here we are.

However, I'm not alone! Part of this tag involves collaborating with a fellow blogger to answer some questions, and so answering along side of me will be Erika Gold, from Books, Stars, and the Pages in Between. Erika is a fantastic book reviewer, she has a wonderful personality, and I had a great time collaborating with her on this. If you don't know her, make sure you stop by sometime and say hello!

Now, I'm a GoogleDocs noob, and I couldn't get the fonts we had picked out to transfer over into Blogger. So, instead, my answers will be in this dark pinkish color, and Erika's responses will be in this purple color.

Let's get started!


1. Favourite books/music artists/songs?

My favorite book (series) has to be the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher, a contemporary/urban fantasy series with a side of detective fiction. There’s magic and mayhem, ghouls and - well, actually, no goblins. But there are mischievous faeries, vamps, and a number of other supernatural things (including a human skull who just loves romance novels). I mention these books to nearly every bookworm I encounter who I think might find them to their liking, so you might have heard me mention them before!
As for music, I’m a fan of Evanescence and The Beatles, among others.

I could give you a very long list of amazing books, but I’ll stick to the book I’ve read the most, which is The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa. (I know, it’s book 3, but I love that book to shreds. Literally.) In terms of music, I’m a Backstreet Boys fan (don’t judge), with Sara Bareilles coming in second :)

2. How did you get to know each other’s blogs?

If I remember right, I believe I found Erika’s blog through someone’s award nomination list. Can’t remember who it was, or which award, but I’m super happy to have found it, wherever it may have been!

Eve found my blog first! I can’t remember what post she commented on, but when I saw that she had a blog, I instantly jumped and looked hers up. I’m glad I did, because her blog is amazing and filled with some very beautiful writing!

(^ Aw, how nice is she?!)

3. What are your plans for the future?

..To see where it (the future) takes me? :)
In other words, I have no plans. I’m not a planner.

..Does reading more books count?..

4. Where do you usually work on your blog?

Wait for it…
At my desk.

Either at my desk or in my bed.

5. What place do you feel the most at home or at peace? Where is your favorite place on Earth?

At home with my family! I’d say that has to be my answer to both questions.

At home, surrounded by my books. It’s where I find the most comfort for literally anything.

6. What movie have you seen a thousand times?

Oo.. There’s been so many, but I’m having a hard time thinking of any titles. Jumanji, though, was one that I used to watch often. (RIP Robin Williams!)

I’m a huge fan of watching movies over and over again, so my list is very long. But I think the Harry Potter series gets the prize, since I’ve watched every movie more times than I’m willing to admit!

7. Do you have any quirks?

Tons of them. For example, I feel rude if I don't say "Hi" almost every time someone walks into the same room, even if they were just there. I mean, it can be any sort of acknowledgement, but it usually comes out as “Hi.”

Quite a few. Like if the door to my room is closed, I’ll knock twice before entering. No, there’s never anyone there. Nor would there be...yet I knock anyways.

8. What’s one word that describes you?

Uh… Understanding, maybe?

Probably considerate, I think… 

9. What makes you continue blogging?

The fun of it, the benefits, the amazing people. There are a few things that keep me blogging. I love it.

Apart from the blogging sphere being my second home? I love all the people I’ve met. Everyone is amazing (like Eve), and I love having conversations with everyone!

10. Favourite quote?


I've seen this question before somewhere.. *digs through old posts to find the quote I used*
Ah! Here it is:
Quote.jpg


(^that’s a great quote!)

For me, I’ve always liked “There are some people who live in a dream world. There are some who face reality. And then there are those who turn one into the other.” Sadly, I can’t find an image of it!

I love that! Great one!

11. 5 places you want to go?

Scotland, Ireland, England (let's just say the entire British Isles), Alaska, Russia. I'd also like to visit many other places here in the US, like Yellowstone and Yosemite. :)

Paris, Singapore, Tokyo, Ireland, and England (I’ve been to London and Edinburgh, but I want to go again and this time travel everywhere).

12. If you had the choice between traveling the world for a month or spending a month in one place of your choice what would you choose?

Probably travel the world for a month. It'd be difficult to pick just one!

I agree with Eve! I’d travel the world. Picking just one place would be incredibly difficult for me, since I’m terribly indecisive. 

13. What’s something you both have in common?

Besides blogging? We’re both writers!

Yes! And, even though I don’t get to new ones very often, we both love books!

14. If you were going to write a book what would it be about?

That’s a good question. My answer has changed so many times, I honestly have no idea.

I’d write an epic fantasy!

15. How would you describe the other person’s blog?

Eve’s blog is definitely very mysterious and enchanting. It makes me wonder at just how she’s able to come up with all her beautiful works! The black bird motif really gives you the sense that her blog is on the verge of sprouting wings and flying off into the night!

Erika writes some amazing book reviews. Her blog is so cozy, and her color choices are ones that you don't see super often, but that fit so well together. Her blog's header font adds a cute flair, too! She provides a nice overview of each book in her reviews, and her personality just shines through in her words. Or, at least, it feels that way. :)

16. What countries do you two live in? Where were you born?

The US and the US.

Canada and Canada. And no, we don’t use “eh” at the end of every sentence (ever) or have funny accents. That’s a very odd stereotype.

Ahaha. I visited Canada once (though it was Niagra Falls, so it was very touristy and barely in Canada. But still needed passports, so, you know. I'm counting it). Never encountered either of those things, but the grocery stores did sell milk in bags. That was unexpected.

18. Do you try to follow a schedule when posting on your blog?

..Eh, kind of. Not really. I do try to get something out within a few days of each post, and I've been attempting to schedule some things like my "weekly" Midget Monday posts. But it's very loose, and I have a hard time sticking to anything.

It all normally depends on how fast I read. Ideally, I try to post at least twice a week, but sometimes it dwindles down to once or none depending on how busy I am that week.

19. Beach or mountains?

I prefer the mountains, since I’m a parital geology nerd.

Both are great, but I also must go with the mountains.

20. If you could hang out with a celebrity/a bunch of them for a day, who would it be?

Oh that’s a hard one.. David Tennant would have to be one of my answers, because I just loved his version of the Doctor in Doctor Who and he appears to be a real sweetheart outside of the acting world as well. Lots of of people I’d like to hang out with - so many amazing people out there!

I think hanging out with the cast of Harry Potter or The Hunger Games would be really neat, Emma Watson and Jennifer Lawrence in particular.

21. What’s the longest time you’ve gone without sleep?

48 hours. I left in the afternoon for an 18-hour flight, arrived at my destination in broad daylight, and had to endure the rest of the day. Needless to say, I was a zombie.

I think around 24 hours. There’s no fun story to it. I just didn’t feel like going to bed lol.

22. Leader or Follower?

Follower in a family of leaders.. I mention that because it’s slowly starting to rub off on me, I think.

I’m a leader hiding as a follower, waiting for the right moment...

23. Are you considered to be quiet or outgoing?

..shh..I’m quiet..unless we’re discussing books.

Quiet! I can be minorly outgoing sometimes.

24. What are two things people notice about you right off the bat?

That I'm so quiet, and.. Can't think of a second thing. But I've always gotten comments on how quiet I am.

I’ve very much the same as Eve. I’m quiet. As for the second, I’ll go with shy.

Yes!! Definitely shy! Forgot about that one.

25. Coffee or tea?

Tea. Particularly green tea.

Both! I’ll have to go with tea, though, because of all the negative effects drinking too much coffee can have.

26. Do you play any sports or instruments?

Not currently, but not long ago I was taking lessons in figure skating, and I've been attempting to self-teach myself the violin.

In terms of sports, I swim, ski/snowboard, and fence. For instruments, I play the piano, flute, and a bit of guitar and ukulele.

^ Jealous at your list of instruments lol.

27. Are you a part of any fandoms?

Officially(?), no. What I mean by that is that I don’t participate much in any conversation, events, etc., but I am definitely an avid fan of many things: Doctor Who, Sherlock, Harry Potter, most Marvel movies, the previously-mentioned Dresdenverse…

I’m not quite sure what defines being part of an “official” book fandom (I know you can sign up and be “part of the fandom!” on many author’s websites, but I’m not part of those). However, in terms of books, I do participate in a few conversations, but that’s about it. Like Eve, I’m also an avid fan of things like Harry Potter and anything Marvel, but I’ve never been to events or anything.

28. What’s the answer to life, the universe, and everything?

Time.

Internet trolls.

29. How much time do you spend on your blog?

Quite a bit, honestly. A few hours a day, average, I would say. But it really does vary.

Probably more than is healthy for me. But I can’t help it, I love the blogging world too much to stay gone for too long.

30. One thing you learned from this experience?

I learned a lot about Eve! We have a lot of things in common that I didn’t know before. I’m so glad I got to do this with her!

Agreed! I learned a lot about Erika. I also learned how great Google Docs is for collaboration. I’m so glad that we both had the chance to do this, and a big thank you to Erika for her participation!

(No, it should be me thanking Eve for inviting me! Thank you so much, Eve!)
-------------------------------------------------------

I'm not quite sure if I was supposed to tag anyone further, but if this is something that sounds like fun to you, please feel free to go ahead and give it a go! You can find the original post with Zelus and Vivian here.

Thank you to Zelus for tagging me, and to Erika for her time! I really enjoyed getting to know Erika a bit better, and I hope you all enjoyed getting to know a little more about both of us.

Till next time!

(Also, R.I.P David Bowie. You can sing now for the angels!)

10 comments:

  1. Hey Eve! You can imagine how excited and happy I was when I was your post, and that banner photo thingy that I designed xD Thanks for doing it, and also you can tag other people to let them know about this cool (not to boast or anything) tag that you can try to get to know other blogger friends better!
    I enjoyed reading your answers, and hope you had fun coming up with them!
    Zelus
    www.myhopefulpencil.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! :) Thanks so much for tagging me. I certainly had fun with it. Alrighty, I'll add a few tags in there when I get the chance, then! ^^

      Delete
  2. What a fun and cute tag !! I would love to travel to all of the places you both mentioned. Well I just want to travel. Everywhere!! Lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so, too! I enjoyed doing it. It was was to work with another blogger on a tag post. And yes, exactly lol!! I'd love to be able to travel more. And I'd be happy (most) anywhere. :)

      Delete
  3. This seems like loads of fun to do! Who wants to do it with me?? haha :P And if ye both want to visit Ireland I'd be happy to show you around! ;) And I've now discovered your blog, Eve, which is always great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly enjoyed it. :) It was a nice little change of pace from the typical Q&A tags. I'd totally do it with you had I not just done this!

      Ahh you're from Ireland? How cool. I really do hope to visit one day! So many beautiful places there, and the people I've met have all been great. (Every place has its bad apples, but hey.)

      I'm so glad you dropped by! Hope to see you around. :)

      Delete
  4. Whoo! This was such a fun and awesome tag, thank you so much for inviting me to do it with you! You're simply the best, Eve! :)

    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, and the Pages in Between

    ReplyDelete
  5. What What??? I havent ever met someone with my last name. This is so exciting.

    Kate @ majesticgoldenrose.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! When I first saw your name I thought you might be related to Erika. It's a great name, though! I like it. :)

      Delete

Your comments make my day, and I appreciate every single of them. Let me know what's on your mind, and don't hesitate if you have any questions or suggestions. I'll do my best to get back to you!

Make sure to tick the little "Notify me" box if you would like to be notified when there are any replies or further comments.

*Blogger is currently having issues with email notifications related to comments. Please excuse any response delays, and check back frequently!