Update (10/20/21): Focusing on other life priorities at the moment! Miss it here dearly. Contact me if you need anything! :) Thank you!

1.12.2016

Poem: "Corazón de Fuego / Heart of Fire" (Spanish & English)


Corazón de Fuego
De: Eve Estelle

Un corazón late, un fuego quema,
Con cada pulso un espíritu añora;
Ardía con pasión, un luz brillante,
Ardía con fervor, un corazón de fuego.

-----------------------

Heart of Fire
By: Eve Estelle

A heart beats, a fire burns,
With every pulse a spirit yearns;
Burn with passion, a blazing light,
Burn with fervor, a heart of fire.



Author's note: Please excuse any mistakes; I'm very new to Spanish! But I thought it would be fun and great practice to put to use some of what I know (with the help of a translator for certain words) and write a basic little poem. I'm sure there's quite a few errors in there; as always, feel free to point them out to me if you notice any! Gracias. :)

8 comments:

  1. How cool that you did this in Spanish too! Love it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to do this for a while! Great practice. If only I could tell just how good or bad it came out LOL.

      Delete
  2. Awww this is amazing. Hahhaa I would love to learn Spanish :D It sounds really fun! && even if you have any mistakes, it doesn't really matter since you are putting your effort and your knowledge to practice there. This poem is lovely. Love the fire theme :D You are amazing Eve :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! :) Exactly. Doesn't really matter; even a terrible poem is good practice lol. I'm glad you liked it, Heena! Spanish definitely is a fun language! I really don't think I'm committed enough to get very far in it at the moment, but I'm going to enjoy it until I burn myself out, I guess. :)

      Delete
  3. This is such a good poem! I'm only new to Spanish too, so I don't know that much. But I think it's a really good poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is that? I have a German/English poem schedruled to go out in 2 weeks. Awesome coincidence :)

    Kate @ majesticgoldenrose.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. German would be such a fun language to learn, I think! Although I suppose I think that about most all languages. I'm not committed enough to get very far in any of them (yet), but I'm currently taking Spanish 1 and wanted to practice a bit with it here. :) Definitely a great coincidence!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, and I appreciate every single of them. Let me know what's on your mind, and don't hesitate if you have any questions or suggestions. I'll do my best to get back to you!

Make sure to tick the little "Notify me" box if you would like to be notified when there are any replies or further comments.

*Blogger is currently having issues with email notifications related to comments. Please excuse any response delays, and check back frequently!