Update (10/20/21): Focusing on other life priorities at the moment! Miss it here dearly. Contact me if you need anything! :) Thank you!

11.11.2018

Poem: "Mirrors and Echoes"


Mirrors and Echoes
By: Eve Estelle

Lights, life, and voices sound...
...One, two, three-four, five...

Silence lends its hand of peace...
...One, two...

Footfalls pound against the ground...
...One...
O herein lies the barren lease.

Shifting sands of time.
Tick, tick, tick, tock...

Melodies linger in the hearts
Of patrons,
Ages pass through solid stone;
Love is found where love is lost,
Late might be our weary bones,
But wasted not; O open eyes.

What beauty in death!


Author's note: Long time no see! This was just a "quick" write (meaning, while it still took an annoying amount of time to pull words out of my arse, not as much went into it & many of these lines are experimental/may not even make sense), inspired by a visit to my local dead mall. Ah, memories.

Happy belated Halloween, as well as upcoming Thanksgiving! Enjoy your November. We just had our first snow of the season yesterday.

6 comments:

  1. We just had our first snow as well! And now a cold spell has followed in its wake, and it feels like I'm chilled all the time. Even in my own house. With fuzzy socks. Under layers and layers of blankets.

    Lovely poem! I especially like the line "Love is found where love is lost."

    Eleanor | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha! Yeah, the weather elves were just kinda like, "Bob, flick the switch! Fall's over now." lol. Very quick. Mmm, fuzzy socks (an upside to the cold). :D

      Thanks, Eleanor! <3

      Delete
  2. Beautiful poetry! I love this. I love how you got inspired by your local dead mall x)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heena! <3 LOL, I know, it was actually pretty weird seeing a big, empty storefront that I used to browse... Felt like there was still so much potential in there, though.

      Delete

Your comments make my day, and I appreciate every single of them. Let me know what's on your mind, and don't hesitate if you have any questions or suggestions. I'll do my best to get back to you!

Make sure to tick the little "Notify me" box if you would like to be notified when there are any replies or further comments.

*Blogger is currently having issues with email notifications related to comments. Please excuse any response delays, and check back frequently!