Update (10/20/21): Focusing on other life priorities at the moment! Miss it here dearly. Contact me if you need anything! :) Thank you!

11.24.2015

Poem: "In a Year's Time"

"Time has passed" by EliseEnchanted on DeviantArt

In a Year's Time
By: Eve Estelle

Waves of cool water lap softly against grains of sand,
Each rhythmic movement the note of a song;
Every ebb, and every flow, murmurs,
Conjuring images of the past.

The leaves have fallen,
And they drift upon the brisk winds of autumn.
A world of color hides beneath a cloak of shadows,
Silent and at rest.
As I gaze at these November stars,
I remember this time last year;
When the sunset held no wistful longing,
Its vibrant hues simply candy for the eye -
When these sandy shores weren't quite so lonely,
And neither you nor I expected: "Goodbye."

The birds sing a different melody now,
A sweet but melancholic tune.
Much has changed in just a year,
And yet.. little has changed at all.
I find comfort in the things that I attribute to you,
But I'll always regret my blindness
To the writing on the wall.

6 comments:

  1. That's pretty. Kind of melancholy. I like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Erin. :) That's the sort of mood I was aiming for - good to hear it came out right. ^^

      Delete
  2. So pretty and sadly-sweet. (I'm on a streak of making up my own adjectives. B-)) My life has changed a LOT in the past year. This describes it amazingly. :) Thank you, Eve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always fun to see what you can come up with when doing things like that! ;) Yeah, a lot of change for both us, it seems. For many people. Every year has its fair share of difficulties, but wow - maybe I've just been noticing it more, but 2015 has been unusually turbulent for so many people!

      Delete
  3. This is so sweet! ^.^ The picture goes along with it well, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Quayla! I'm glad you think so. :) I had a hard time trying to get one that fit.

      Delete

Your comments make my day, and I appreciate every single of them. Let me know what's on your mind, and don't hesitate if you have any questions or suggestions. I'll do my best to get back to you!

Make sure to tick the little "Notify me" box if you would like to be notified when there are any replies or further comments.

*Blogger is currently having issues with email notifications related to comments. Please excuse any response delays, and check back frequently!