Update (10/20/21): Focusing on other life priorities at the moment! Miss it here dearly. Contact me if you need anything! :) Thank you!

2.20.2016

Poem: "Zephyr Blades"

CC image by Andreas Wienemann via Flickr

Zephyr Blades
By: Eve Estelle

Off in the distance,
Down by the tracks,
A towering structure -
You should see the power it packs.
Flawless blades, white and sleek,
They spin 'round and 'round,
All days of the week.
Capturing wind,
Creating currents,
The power of wind -
In the palm of our hands.


Author's note: This is just a simple poem I felt like writing after watching the wind turbine near my house. No special meaning behind it or anything. :)

12 comments:

  1. beautiful imagery Eve,love it ...great work <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Seema. :) Keep up the amazing work on your own pieces!

      Delete
  2. "The power of wind - /In the palm of our hands." Beautiful, Eve. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the last two lines <3 lovely poem, and so unique from what you usually do!

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ellie! :) I thought so too. Something a little different. More simple and down-to-earth.

      Delete
  4. This is a wonderful poem! I really love the last line, and how you blended in human power and nature into the poem :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those last two lines are by far my favorite here! Which is nice, because I'm not so good with endings. You know, the ending is supposed to leave an impression, leave you wanting more, and I feel like usually my endings don't really deliver on those things.

      Thanks so much, Erika!

      Delete
  5. I love this! It really has a forceful kind of rhythm that matches the subject. I definitely love your short poems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot easier to stay on track in a shorter poem.. lol. Thank you! :D

      Delete

Your comments make my day, and I appreciate every single of them. Let me know what's on your mind, and don't hesitate if you have any questions or suggestions. I'll do my best to get back to you!

Make sure to tick the little "Notify me" box if you would like to be notified when there are any replies or further comments.

*Blogger is currently having issues with email notifications related to comments. Please excuse any response delays, and check back frequently!