Update (10/20/21): Focusing on other life priorities at the moment! Miss it here dearly. Contact me if you need anything! :) Thank you!

10.10.2014

Poem: "Winter's Light"

Winter's Light
By: Eve Estelle

Out of my window, I see naught but white;
While most whimper and howl at a snowfall so foul,
I shan't see it as an unfortunate sight.
Hot chocolate in hand, the day still unplanned,
I can't help but laugh in glee;
Driving's a pain, usually in vain,
But such beauty is never free.

Out of my window, I see naught but grace,
As each crystal of water falls calmly into place.
The wind surely howls, as it blows chimney cowls,
And the landscape is covered in drifts;
Life dare not walk with death in tow,
But despite the chill, it performs with skill,
The whistling wind and the snow.

Yes, out of my window I surely see danger;
Biting cold, glassy ice, and perfection no stranger -
But I also see the wonders
Of a wintry paradise,
With evergreens prevailing,
And uniqueness so precise.
Remember that when night falls, winter's no less kind;
Take a look at that white blanket, and watch it as it shines.

…What do you see out of your window?
A quiet, stunning vista...
Or something more to plow?
Perhaps by one wintry season,
You'll see beauty in white.
When next you see those crystals fall,
Don't ever veil winter's fright -
But don't ever shadow winter's light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day, and I appreciate every single of them. Let me know what's on your mind, and don't hesitate if you have any questions or suggestions. I'll do my best to get back to you!

Make sure to tick the little "Notify me" box if you would like to be notified when there are any replies or further comments.

*Blogger is currently having issues with email notifications related to comments. Please excuse any response delays, and check back frequently!