Update (10/20/21): Focusing on other life priorities at the moment! Miss it here dearly. Contact me if you need anything! :) Thank you!

9.17.2020

Poem: "Knight Watch"


Knight Watch

By: Eve Estelle

As I lie in rest and fall to sleep,
Forgotten be all tears of sorrow;
I weep not one, 'neath not moon or sun,
For every star shines bright the morrow;
In clouds may drift, and so, too, shall pass,
Leave, again, the highest sea of glass --
Dreameth of dragons, th' world and more
Seeketh to wake me from my silent shore,
Yet I am guarded by those nearest and dearest,
My sweet kith and kin; together see clearest
Through darkened skies, their chaos wrought
As madly in life as internal thought --
And bravest, still, be my fairest love,
Who singeth a song once sung above;
With sword and shield, rideth beside,
His name be writ where myths reside --
Artisan by trade, an artisan in battle,
In purest silver, in Mercury's saddle;
A stainless blade, his aim is true,
He dances with doves; the lions, too,
A task begun, shall see it through --
And if I'm lost amidst the night,
Shall see me home, my guiding light.


Author's note:

Dear god, it's been almost a year since I posted anything, especially new poetry.

Ahhhh!!!

Well, hey, I'm not dead! In fact, I'm living life like I never have before. It's been busy. In a great way. Mostly -- nothing's perfect. But in some very unexpected ways. I met somebody at work in September/October of last year (2019); since then, we've been doing all kinds of things, getting to know each other, and just having a blast, both in our own lives and in each other's company. That, and work itself, which is, ah, interesting to say the least, given everything going on in the world at the moment.

(Which, by the way, I won't even start in on at this point. Because holy.... There's too much stupid. Where would I even begin?)

There's the other, smaller, normal life changes, too.. Never a dull moment, even when it is. But while I have continued to write throughout this break period, this piece is the only one of any significance that I've managed to actually finish so far. (Certainly not for lack of trying!)

 While transferring it to this post, I've already found things I want to improve on! But this was written in just a couple of days, a go-with-the-flow type of piece, and as a good night gift for that special guy I mentioned above. He's a romantic sap. We both are. Which makes over-the-top, old school stuff like this suuper fun to write! 😄 And, as always, that was the point -- to have fun. So I'm leaving it as I originally wrote it, obvious flaws and all.

I have an endless list of WIP poems, projects, and ideas... and it grows every day! I'm hoping to some day soon get back into the flow of things here, but it'll probably be a good while till I do. But I'm still here, still writing, and still wanting to share in all things blogosphere.

I miss all of you! Some of you I've seen around, some of you will have moved on by now, and some are in a similar state to mine at the moment -- on a lengthy, unplanned vacation. But all of you, and this blog, played a pretty big part in my life for several (now almost 6!) years. This blog and others may not last forever, but it will always hold a special place in my heart.

Thank you for your patience, and for everything else along the way!

Best wishes to you all, I'll see you again soon(ish).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day, and I appreciate every single of them. Let me know what's on your mind, and don't hesitate if you have any questions or suggestions. I'll do my best to get back to you!

Make sure to tick the little "Notify me" box if you would like to be notified when there are any replies or further comments.

*Blogger is currently having issues with email notifications related to comments. Please excuse any response delays, and check back frequently!