Update (10/20/21): Focusing on other life priorities at the moment! Miss it here dearly. Contact me if you need anything! :) Thank you!

4.04.2019

Poem: "The Dark Reaches"


The Dark Reaches
By: Eve Estelle

Hear me...

...I am the whistle in the wind,
The footfalls behind you;
I am the bones that rattle
Behind dusty doors,
I am the whispers in your ear;
I am your Fear.

Feel me...

...I am the silent witness,
The chronic itch;
I am the shiver run up your spine,
The creep of sensation --
My vocation,
As the eyes upon your back;
Paranoia.

See me...

...I am the darkness;
The shadows in your peripheral;
I am the truth behind the lie,
A stranger under the rose,
Its familiar keeper;
Visceral,
Insanity.

Name me.

I am the dividing line at sanity's edge,
I thrive in the mind's hidden reaches;
I am the guttural scream from within,
And out,
I am the wicked wave of doubt;
Lucid death.

Behold, Nightmare.


Author's note: Two poems in less than two weeks? Houston, we require a new fire to be lit down in Hell -- I think it may have frozen over.

*chuckles* How are all of ya? This was a poem that was actually originally written for Vani's digital magazine, The Pearls of Catharsis Times, quite a while ago. Howeverrrr, with the closure of Google+, the magazine's future is a bit uncertain, and Vani has given me permission to go ahead and post it. It's been revised from the one I sent her -- whether or not that means "better." though, is still TBD. 😉

Happy Spring.

6 comments:

  1. Gosh, I FEEL this one. The use of words here to create expression really come through. Incredibly done!

    Hope you've been well, Eve! ^.^ It's been a while. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Quayla! I think all of us, at some point in our roller coaster lives, understand this by experience -- makes it all the more "feelable" lol.

      I have, thank you! <3 I hope you've also been doing alright; I know I've got an assload of your posts in my inbox that I've been meaning to comment on... I'll make it 'round your way soon, I promise! xD Best wishes to you.

      Delete
  2. okay, this poem was beautifully dark and omw. I could feel the haunted vibes and shadows rolling of your poem.. it was so visual. it's wonderful :-)

    -- vaishnavi @ written in stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Vaishnavi! Back to basics for me, with this one -- built my blog on such deliciously dark themes (particularly of the Poe-ish nature). I'm glad you liked it! :D

      Delete

Your comments make my day, and I appreciate every single of them. Let me know what's on your mind, and don't hesitate if you have any questions or suggestions. I'll do my best to get back to you!

Make sure to tick the little "Notify me" box if you would like to be notified when there are any replies or further comments.

*Blogger is currently having issues with email notifications related to comments. Please excuse any response delays, and check back frequently!