Update (10/20/21): Focusing on other life priorities at the moment! Miss it here dearly. Contact me if you need anything! :) Thank you!

8.26.2018

100k Q&A - Answers!


Just a little under two weeks ago, I had asked you to submit to me your burning questions for my August 13th - 20th Q&A celebrating 100k pageviews. I apologize for the delay in getting this post out (I thought I'd be able to get it out before the weekend! Oh well), but below you will find my answers to each one. There aren't many, as was expected, but Q&As are always fun -- and they're a great way to celebrate, so I hope you get as much enjoyment out of this as I have!

Beyond that, I'm going to jump right in. Thank you to those who participated & sent me their questions!

Questions are listed in the order they were received.

---------------
Q: What song or songs have inspired you lately? -- Submitted by Lisa

A: I've been listening to a lot of old favorites at work recently, and so they travel back home with me to stick around for a while lol. Anything related to classic rock -- or really just anything rock, from classic to alternative to pop. Some of these include, but are certainly not limited to, tracks & artists like:

|| Nickelback ||
|| Journey ||
|| Blue Oyster Cult ||
|| Ed Sheeran ||
|| Disturbed ||

...as well as others such as "Ballroom Blitz" (Sweet), "Paralyzer" (Finger Eleven), Evanescence, Lindsey Stirling... 😉

---------------
Q: Do you have any plans to write a novel in the future? -- Submitted by Your well-wisher :D

A: I always have! Rather, I've always had the desire to write one. Early followers of my writings might remember my first novel attempt, Renegade, which I was completely pantsing and had no plan for whatsoever. Got stuck during chapter 6, and then ran out of steam. Dropped it due to a lack of continuing personal interest and investment.

I've still got those "finished" chapters up here, but they're seriously garbage and I've all but decided to scrap the rest of it.

I do actually have a 10-chapter outline that I came up with for a class last year, however. It would still need a lot of work, and by now I'd want to change some of the main story/setting, but I may do something with that in the future...

So, basically, I'd love to; but it likely won't be anytime soon, because it's gotta be something that I have enough drive to -- if nothing else -- finish!

---------------
Q: Current TV/movie obsession? -- Submitted by AG

A: Ooo... I'm currently rewatching all of the Harry Potter films! It's been years since I've seen them, and I had only watched them once before -- so it's been just as fun the second time around. :D

(I still need to read the books. ಠ__ಠ)

Speaking of Harry Potter, anyone remember this? lmao

---------------
The following questions were submitted by BookTurner.

Q
1: What is your opinion on the power of words? Can they offend or are they just that... words?
2: When will your next poem be completed?

A1: Oh, that's a really good one.. I almost wrote a post on this once. Ended up trashing it, but your question makes me want to start another one up.

I think it's clear that words can offend. And, sometimes, it feels like they do little else. But words obviously have tremendous power -- just take a look at what they can inspire us to do, say, or feel; there's no doubt that a song can stir up courage in a nervous heart, or enkindle nostalgic love. No doubt that a story can teach, a poem can express, a conversation can change how and what you see; the modern world we know was built upon our (in)ability to communicate these strings of garbage sounds that people decided mean this, this, and this.

And thank god the Internet is here, so that we can show, in meme form, the lack of consensus that can arise in doing so:
Via boredpanda
Via boredpanda
Add in peoples' interpretations, associations and connotations, consider context and familiarity (you wouldn't call a stranger a piece of sh$# and mean it kindly, but you might if it was your best friend)… I mean, it's no effing wonder we're at each others' throats all the time.

It's complicated. It isn't just a "yes" or "no" type of question, as a lot of folks would have it.

Words have power. Words can offend. But, personally, I'm of the mind that it's the choice, conscious or subconscious, of every individual whether or not they give power to what they hear, see, feel. Many would disagree with me on that, with the reasoning that you can't control how you feel; however, to that I, respectfully, say... bullshite.

It takes a lot of introspection, a lot of effort, and an honest desire to change. But you absolutely have the ability to say to yourself, "I don't want to become a sobbing mess, a giant green rage monster, or to be the helpless victim whenever others speak. I want to be stronger than that." Start there.

Doesn't mean it's easy.

In short, I believe words are what you make of them. Clearly, they affect us, deeply. But, with some self-awareness, you can pick and choose your battles, respond appropriately, or simply move on to more important things. 

A2: Good news on that! I've been working on several new ones, one of which is just about finished and ready to post. :) I should note that the next couple are (unless I happen to make progress on the other) totally unrelated to "Asleep By Nature," which I intend to continue ASAP.

Keep an eye out for these titles!

- "As the Stars Become My Fountain"
- "Fire Starter"
- "Alice" (working title; continuation of "Asleep By Nature")
---------------

That's it for the Q&A this time around! Thank you once more for your help in getting my little blog to 100k. 💕 I'm eternally grateful for your patience.

New post out soon!

6 comments:

  1. I recently watched the Harry Potter movies for the first time. I really enjoyed them, particularly the world of the story. But I've not read the books yet either.

    I love what you had to say about how the power that words have over us is basically the power we allow them to have over us. It really is true. While it might be difficult not to let words sway us a particularly way, we still have the choice to refuse to allow them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The universe is beautifully realized! I've heard the books are (as is often the case) 10x better than the films, too, so I'm excited to get thrown back into that world whenever I do manage to read them lol.

      Exactly! In the end, it's up to us whether or not we want to feel offended... It's very hard to make that conscious decision, but we have all the control in the world over ourselves, if we're only willing to take the reins.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your 100k followers! I loved your answer to the question about if words have power. I definitely think its true that it's up to us whether we sometimes want to admit it or not. I know I definitely take certain things a little too seriously when it comes to what someone says to me. But I know I can choose how I react to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, I wish it was about followers LOL. This milestone is just pageviews, however. :D Still exciting. Thank you, Raney! <3

      Yes, exactly. And you know what, that's the boat a lot of us find ourselves in, a least for a while -- it's really hard to get yourself to ignore, alter, or sway your own feelings and reactions. It certainly isn't something that happens overnight... takes time. But just knowing the choice is yours is a huge step towards it.

      Delete
  3. Wow. The question about the importance of the words was a really good one and so is your answer to it. (loving the meme here) Words are definitely powerful. I think you should write a post about it. Sometimes, we feel like our content is not important enough and we don't share it or like you said, trash it. But then we later realize that it might be a good post to share hahha. You should write it up again :) It is a beautiful topic.

    Ohh, how great is that. Just the answer that I wanted. No matter how long it takes, you need to write a novel, Eve! You are such a great writer and your talent deserves to be shown out there. We are already in love with your short poems and stories. Imagine a whole novel from you. :D

    Again, congratulations on your 100k pageviews. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your playlist. :D
    And that meme about counternyms was so interesting. Not something I have come across.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, and I appreciate every single of them. Let me know what's on your mind, and don't hesitate if you have any questions or suggestions. I'll do my best to get back to you!

Make sure to tick the little "Notify me" box if you would like to be notified when there are any replies or further comments.

*Blogger is currently having issues with email notifications related to comments. Please excuse any response delays, and check back frequently!