Update (10/20/21): Focusing on other life priorities at the moment! Miss it here dearly. Contact me if you need anything! :) Thank you!

8.28.2018

Poem: "As the Stars Become My Fountain"


As the Stars Become My Fountain
By: Eve Estelle

Warm smiles {a}nd bright eyes,
When I'm with you, time flies;
Glass half full, a laughing chalice,
Crown of patience upo{n} your head;
Gentle being, soft core,
Sharp wit and an open door;
Like {t}he stag, like the doe,
Star runners of the show,
Tender hearts with love for home,
Dreamers adance above t{h}e Earth;
Humble tongues, yet strength presides,
Grace in each, our bounding strides;
O wisher's tide, the night aglow
With shooting streaks {o}f light,
I have {n}ever felt before
This way about a soul --
Ah, hear! Still I seek
The path that keeps me whole,
And always, alwa{y}s may it be,
May it be because it should be;
Only then, let him fall,
{My dear}, let him fall for me.

9 comments:

  1. This is lovely. <33 I feel like there's an underlining meaning with {anthony}, but I think I'm missing it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It's a name -- the name of the person that this poem describes/is for. Thank you, Faith! <3 I need to stop by your blog soon, ahhhh!

      Delete
  2. Oh my, this is so different from your other poems, but equally beautiful. I am impressed with the lines. They are not at all cheesy despite the usual metaphors and other poetic devices used in romantic poems.

    P.S Anthony is a keeper. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I'm definitely not a romance writer, I didn't expect this one to work! lol. I knew I was using fairly cliche metaphors/devices/imagery, but they're ones that I think go so well together -- so I went with 'em anyway. I'm happy it turned out well. <3

      Ahaha! Doesn't he seem so? ;)

      Thanks, Vani!

      Delete
    2. You did an excellent job, neverthless. <3 <3 <3

      Yep, hehehe. :D

      Delete
  3. This is an amazing poem! I love it

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, and I appreciate every single of them. Let me know what's on your mind, and don't hesitate if you have any questions or suggestions. I'll do my best to get back to you!

Make sure to tick the little "Notify me" box if you would like to be notified when there are any replies or further comments.

*Blogger is currently having issues with email notifications related to comments. Please excuse any response delays, and check back frequently!