Update (10/20/21): Focusing on other life priorities at the moment! Miss it here dearly. Contact me if you need anything! :) Thank you!

10.09.2024

A Decade On! 10 Years in the Blogosphere (kind of)!

 (Apologies, missed by a day, and posting from mobile -- pretty picture to come later!)


Oh, hi there!

Guess what? I'm not dead!

And neither are the ideas in my head. The last post I have on here (Changes Are On the Wind...) still very much rings true -- it's just going to be (significantly) longer than I originally planned for.

When I wrote that, I intended to finish Nightfall, my poetry book, and then get started on my new writing home. Honestly, that's still the plan, but even just finishing the book is taking... eons.

It'll happen in due time.

I'm going through and revising all of my old poems, which I was hesitant at first to do, since they are a part of my history at this point. But it has really made a positive difference -- and I still have all the originals saved! So I can always bring them back out if, for some oddball reason, I want to do that.

But I'm enjoying the slow (as balls) journey. Going at my pace, doing a little bit here and there, progressing slowly, but surely.

Nothing wrong with that.

I didn't post for EoN's blogiversary last year, which was a first. I intended to, but I never made it. I let it pass, as there really wouldn't be anything of importance to cover, anyway. Another year of inactivity lol.

But, I knew this year was a special year for Edge of Night... And I fully intended to make this one.

This year, October 8, 2024, marks Edge of Night's 10-year anniversary in the blogosphere!

Kind of!

I mean, 2019 was the last year I posted actual new content (not an update post, or anniversary, etc.). 2020 onward was a whole lot of nothing. The occasional pop-in to say, hey! Still here.

I'd say that counts.

I didn't drop off forever.

I didn't close up shop all of a sudden and vamoose.

I still think about the blog, and its future. I even still talk to some of you!

So, even though I'm not actively posting, I'm still around. The blog is still accessible, and alive.

Definitely counts.

(But I should add the caveat that only about 6 of those years were truly active... lol)


So, yes. I don't know if I will post any further anniversaries after this. (At least, maybe not here.) This was a significant milestone, and I couldn't let it pass without a word. A decade is a long time, for anything. You made it through rough patches, through the honeymoon phase and the doses of reality that came after. Through fun times, easy times, hard times, and challenging times, you stood the test of time itself.

10 years is no small feat. And I am thankful to have made it long enough to write that!


With that said,

Thank you. To everyone who followed along with my journey here, and an even greater thank you to any who travel with me to the next phase of it (whenever that may be...). It's been a great time, a wonderful time, and a time full of learning and exploration. I wouldn't change it for the world!


As always, you are welcome to shoot me a message, or comment, if you'd like to reach out for any reason, especially to say Hi!

All my love, and my best wishes to you and yours in this year, and the ones to come!


Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day, and I appreciate every single of them. Let me know what's on your mind, and don't hesitate if you have any questions or suggestions. I'll do my best to get back to you!

Make sure to tick the little "Notify me" box if you would like to be notified when there are any replies or further comments.

*Blogger is currently having issues with email notifications related to comments. Please excuse any response delays, and check back frequently!